Jang Wonyoung has a more mature image, but fans still regret about the time she just debuted under IZ*ONE in 2018.
The Asia Artist Awards 2021 was held on December 2nd with the participation of many groups such as SEVENTEEN, aespa, ITZY, STAYC, Stray Kids, ENHYPEN… After the show, a series of topics about outstanding idols at the awards ceremony “dominated” Korean forums. Among them, IVE‘s Jang Wonyoung was one of the most eye-catching faces.
The reason is that she was once the hottest member of IZ*ONE – the girl group that came out of the survival show Produce 48 (2018). After IZ*ONE‘s disbandment, fans expected Jang Wonyoung to continue promoting as an idol.
On December 1st, Jang Wonyoung made a fresh start with Starship’s new girl group IVE. AAA 2021 was the first award ceremony she attended after debuting as an IVE member as well as the event where she took on the role of MC. Therefore, when Jang Wonyoung appeared, all the attention was focused on her. Topics about Wonyoung were constantly on top trends on Pann Nate, TheQoo…
Aside from compliments on Jang Wonyoung‘s visuals, there are still some mixed reactions. Specifically, some netizens claim that they prefer Jang Wonyoung‘s innocent and refreshing aura like when she first debuted with IZ*ONE, rather than her current mature appearance.
Some comments from Korean netizens:
- Wonyoung stood out the most when IZ*ONE first debuted. No one could give off such innocent, cute and refreshing vibes like she did.
- It’s such a shame that Wonyoung has grown up. I’m not very familiar with her image now.
- The sweet aura during IZ*ONE days is gone, Wonyoung looks much more mature now.
- I like her cute baby face too but I think she looks much prettier now.
- She used to look babyish and adorable with chubby cheeks. But now she is more attractive.
- Jang Wonyoung’s lips have changed the most. Before, her lips were not as thick.